Does my Jack Russell have an ear infection?
Common signs and causes
If your Jack Russell shakes his head a lot, whines, and scratches his ear a lot, he may have an ear infection.
Look at the Jack Russell's ear, and if you experience an unpleasant yeast-like smell, and see lots of red inflammation, then he most certainly has an ear infection.
Be careful with this test though, as touching his ear will most likely hurt him, and the ear may be full of a disgusting gooey discharge.
It can be caused by:
- Food allergies
- Excessive bathing
- Swimming in dirty or unclean water
In any of these cases, if you detect signs of an ear infection, take your Jack Russell to the vet as soon as you can.
Have you subscribed to my newsletter yet? Just enter your email and click "Sign me up!"
- Jack Russell eye disorders
- Jack Russell musculoskeletal conditions
- Is my Jack Russell constipated?
- Is my Jack Russell lactose intolerant?
- Jack Russell allergies and hayfever
- Does my Jack Russell have kennel cough?
- Jack Russell dandruff
- Does my Jack Russell have worms?
- Is my Jack Russell pregnant?
- Why does my Jack Russell keep eating grass?
Please check out The Jack Russell Handbook, my latest book full of actionable Jack Russell training techniques you can use today. These have come from the stories passed on by my 2,500+ newsletter subscribers. Think of it as like a crowd-sourced book that takes all of this dog training advice and distills it into tips you can use today. Not only that, but you're free to take it with you on your iPad, Kindle device, or laptop. The advice in The Jack Russell Handbook has already helped hundreds of my subscibers 10x their confidence with their Jack Russell. Do you want the same effects?
comments powered by Disqus
Get Your Free
Jack Russell Advice
A 7 day dive into Jack Russell behaviour:
- Our free Jack Russell Toolkit ebook
- Subscriber-only access to our 4-lesson Jack Russell Workshop
- Our private Facebook group for Jack Russell Advice
- £3 off our Jack Russell Handbook
Welcome to the Jack Russell Terrier Advice Centre! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin raising your new companion.
If you've found this page useful, please share: