Jack Russell dandruff
Jack Russell dandruff is an indication of flaky skin, and giving him regular baths will wash the flakes away before they accumulate on the body.
Give your dog two baths per month in the summer, and one bath per month in the winter.
Follow these steps when giving your Jack Russell a bath:
- Use baby shampoo or a mild dog shampoo
- Don't use shampoo that includes insecticides or anti-flea shampoo
- Use warm water, but not too hot, or it'll dry out the dog's skin
Also, be sure to brush your dog regular, and make sure he has enough fat in his diet. Fat is essential in the diet for all mammals, including humans, and too little of it will make his skin dry out.
Have you subscribed to my newsletter yet? Just enter your email and click "Sign me up!"
- Jack Russell eye disorders
- Jack Russell musculoskeletal conditions
- Is my Jack Russell constipated?
- Is my Jack Russell lactose intolerant?
- Jack Russell allergies and hayfever
- Does my Jack Russell have an ear infection?
- Does my Jack Russell have kennel cough?
- Does my Jack Russell have worms?
- Is my Jack Russell pregnant?
- Why does my Jack Russell keep eating grass?
Please check out The Jack Russell Handbook, my latest book full of actionable Jack Russell training techniques you can use today. These have come from the stories passed on by my 2,500+ newsletter subscribers. Think of it as like a crowd-sourced book that takes all of this dog training advice and distills it into tips you can use today. Not only that, but you're free to take it with you on your iPad, Kindle device, or laptop. The advice in The Jack Russell Handbook has already helped hundreds of my subscibers 10x their confidence with their Jack Russell. Do you want the same effects?
comments powered by Disqus
Get Your Free
Jack Russell Advice
A 7 day dive into Jack Russell behaviour:
- Our free Jack Russell Toolkit ebook
- Subscriber-only access to our 4-lesson Jack Russell Workshop
- Our private Facebook group for Jack Russell Advice
- £3 off our Jack Russell Handbook
Welcome to the Jack Russell Terrier Advice Centre! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin raising your new companion.
If you've found this page useful, please share: