Is my Jack Russell constipated?
Fiber in his diet is the key
Constipation in Jack Russells is caused by a lack of fiber in his diet.
Offer your dog wet food and soaked biscuits rather than dry biscuits. Also try to give your dog vegetables - our Jack Russell Poppy loves eating carrots.
You can tell if your Jack Russell is constipated if they show the following symptoms:
- He shows struggle and discomfort when 'doing his business'
- Going for long periods between bowel movements
- Decreased appetite
However, constipation can also be caused by your dog swallowing something bulky and indigestible, leading to a blockage. We all know that our Jack Russells can try to eat the silliest things sometimes!
Have you subscribed to my newsletter yet? Just enter your email and click "Sign me up!"
- Jack Russell eye disorders
- Jack Russell musculoskeletal conditions
- Is my Jack Russell lactose intolerant?
- Jack Russell allergies and hayfever
- Does my Jack Russell have an ear infection?
- Does my Jack Russell have kennel cough?
- Jack Russell dandruff
- Does my Jack Russell have worms?
- Is my Jack Russell pregnant?
- Why does my Jack Russell keep eating grass?
Please check out The Jack Russell Handbook, my latest book full of actionable Jack Russell training techniques you can use today. These have come from the stories passed on by my 2,500+ newsletter subscribers. Think of it as like a crowd-sourced book that takes all of this dog training advice and distills it into tips you can use today. Not only that, but you're free to take it with you on your iPad, Kindle device, or laptop. The advice in The Jack Russell Handbook has already helped hundreds of my subscibers 10x their confidence with their Jack Russell. Do you want the same effects?
comments powered by Disqus
Get Your Free
Jack Russell Advice
A 7 day dive into Jack Russell behaviour:
- Our free Jack Russell Toolkit ebook
- Subscriber-only access to our 4-lesson Jack Russell Workshop
- Our private Facebook group for Jack Russell Advice
- £3 off our Jack Russell Handbook
Welcome to the Jack Russell Terrier Advice Centre! We have everything you need to make your life easier as you begin raising your new companion.
If you've found this page useful, please share: